Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 02 Brown Women's Long Sleeve Open Front Drape Duster Maxi Long Cardigan with Side Slits
- Allison Brittney Womens Open Front Cozy Cardigan with Sherpa Collar Cardigan Sweater
- Sea Salt Columbia Womens Benton Springs II Long Hooded Jacket
- SUSIELADY Womens Casual Office Suit Set Two Pieces Work Skirt Suit Set for Business Women
- Velvet by Graham and Spencer Women's Titania Side Split Midi Skirt Black
- Women Lady Girl Women Spring and Summer Sunscreen Thin Silk Scarf Seaside Tourism Beach Towel Party Lightweight Scarf (color Pink)
- Zeagoo Womens Elegant Long Sleeve Lace Trim Hem Midi Pencil Dresses
- Becca by Rebecca Virtue 2 Piece Bikini Set Crochet Lace Bralette Captured Top & Split Side Hipster Brief Purple S
- Brilliant Embers Sterling Silver & CZ Brilliant Embers Hearts Ring
- Classic Fashionable Oversized Polarized Sunglasses for Women 100% UV Predection
- Dale of Norway Rondane Feminine Sweater
- Embroidered Pinstripe Wool Shawl Scarf Stole Wrap Throw Black Green Fringe
- Fusion Fight Gear Wonder Woman Compression Pants Legging Spats Tights
- HOMEYEE Women's Elegant Sleeveless Mesh Maxi Formal Dress A039
- JUMP Womens Tulle Skirt Party Dress with Glitter Lace Top Dress
- purplec Vantexi Women's Elegant Sweetheart Lace Tulle Formal Prom Ball Gown Wedding Dresses
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.