Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- [BLANKNYC] Blank NYC Womens Vegan Leather LaceUp Mini Skirt in Carbon
- Alion Women Long Sleeve Business Offcie Suit Skirt Set
- ScudoPro Austria Code Short Sleeve Cycling PRO Jersey for Women
- Surface to Air Women's Iron Long Sleeve Top
- VAVA by Joy Han Women's Kalani Open Shoulder TOPVT1770
- Women Floral Shirt Dress Short Sleeve Lapel Half Button Swing Mini Dresses
- Zafy Leather Women's Leather Jackets Black N90_
- Beautiful Titanium Polished 8.5in Bracelet
- Bosca Old Leather Weekend Wallet Black
- Clyde Stones Sexy Real Womens Ladies Leather Black Bikers Waistcoat Vest with Side Lacing
- Dark Grey Heather PUMA Women's Yogini Training Yoga Jacket
- Equine Couture Ladies Marmara Jacket
- Generic Womens Summer Off The Shoulder Casual Long Sleeve Beach Short Romper
- Hot Pink KaBuNi Women's Long Sleeve A line Wedding Dresses Formal Prom Dresses
- Just Cavalli Women's Black See Through Sleeveless Blouse Top US S IT 40
- LeeQn Winter Ladies Lapel Comfort Warm Flannel Pajamas Fashion Suit Nightclothes
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.