Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Longpurple Sythyee Women's Mesh Cover Up Beach Swimwear,Sarong Pareo Bikini Swimsuit Wrap Skirt Bathing Suit
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Libaosha Floral Printed Halter Ivory Top Two Pieces Evening Prom Dresses with Pockets
- MaximCreation Women's Maxi Dress Kaftan
- New Sposa Short Beaded Homecoming Dresses Tulle Applique Prom Dresses
- Pink LIULIFE Dressing Gown Autumn Winter Bathrobe Women's Striped Sleepwear Warm Nightwear Flannel Nightgown
- Rela Bota Women's Sexy Long Sleeve Lace up V Neck Velvet Ruched Party Club Mini Dress
- Sky bluee stylishfashion Bollywood Designer Pakistani Indian Wedding Partywear Salwar Kameez Indian Dress Ready to Wear Salwar Suit
- The New women Long Section Of large Size Shirt , white , l
- Tribal Womens L S Double Layer Front Blouse Blouse
- Weekend Max Mara Womens Swing Basic TShirt
- X Nany LISTHA Faux Fur Coat Women Hooded Warm Overcoat Winter Thick Jackets Pockets
- 15 L Tahiti Natural bluee Small ToteStyle Handbag with Seashell and Bead Inlay and Double Wood Handles
- Angie Womens Peasant Top with Embroidery Blouse
- BagPrime Retro Genuine Leather Handbag & Messenger Bags
- Bollywood Festival Collection Saree Sari Ceremony Petticoat Blouse
- color05 alsohome Pattern Tapestry Tapestry for Girls Car Drawn Polar Bear Scarf Boots Hot Drink 60 X40
- Desolateness Women Winter Hoodies Faux Fur Long Trench Parkas Coat Jacket
- Esprit 7011 63 Green and Grey Authentic Men Women Vintage Sunglasses
- gold2 Yuki Isabelle Women's Mermaid Prom Dresses Lace Embroidery Long Evening Gowns
- Huasen Evening Bag Shoulder Bag Long Strap Handbag Simple Crocodile Pattern Handbag Shell Bag Leather Handbag Party Handbag (color Black, Size One Size)
- Kashmirvilla White color Kashmiri Work Embroidered Shawl Enriched With Four Sided Running Jaal Pattern
- LISUEYNE Women's 2 Pieces Stripe Office Lady Business Suit Set Slim Fit Work Blazer Jacket Skirt Suit
- MaliaDress Womens Short Lace Bridemaid Dress Prom Gown M240LF
- Mucros Weavers Ladies Plaid Poncho, Made in Ireland, 100% Irish Wool, One Size Fits All
- Outdoor Research Women's Coralie L S Shirt
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.