Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
Dusty Periwinkle Adrianna Papell Womens Shirred Stretch Tulle Halter Long Dress Special Occasion Dress
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- DEERWORD Women's Hobos Shoulder Bags Totes Satchels TopHandle Handbags PU Leather Congreenible
- EVEDESIGN Women's Faux Fur Lapel Coats DoubleBreasted Slim MidLength Jackets with Belt
- Grabsa Women's Floral Lace Crochet Short Sleeve TShirt Top with Key Hole Back
- INMONARCH Womens Royal bluee And Off White Lehenga Saree SSA3305
- KITHDIA Polarized Aluminum Legs Sunglasses Vintage Sun Glasses For Men Women A387
- Level Half Pipe GTX Snowboard Predective Mittens with Goretex Shell, BioMex Integrated Wrist Guards, ThermoPlus Liner (Black, XXL (10.0in))
- Maweisong Women Single Breasted Winter Stand Collar Quilted Parka Coat Outwear
- Navy Red Zubaz Women's Casual Printed Athletic Lounge Leggings
- Paul & Jo sister 6iasmina, Women's Satchel, blue (blue bluee), 12x22x25 cm (B x H T)
- Rebecca Minkoff Womens Simple Solid Slouchy Beanie
- Saha Geranium RED Solar ONE Piece
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.