Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 2019 Newly Style Winter&Autumn Down Jacket Coat New Parkas Warm Coat Down Jacket,XXLarge,Black
- ANTS Women's Strapless Crystal Prom Quinceanera Party Dress Ball Gown
- Silver Jeans Co. Womens Plus Size Elyse Slim Crop Jeans with Script Embroidery Jeans
- Teal MariRobe Women's Lace Applique Quinceanera Dress V Neck Prom Dresses A line Satin Evening Dress Sweet 16 Dress Prom Gown
- TootlessWomen Warm Comfy Baggy Pure color Mid Fur Outwear Coat Jacket
- WallFlower Juniors Short Inseam Irresistible Jegging
- Women's Wide Brim Braided Sun Hat Female Beach Vacation Hat Women's Summer Folding Picnics Travel Wide Brim Hat for Women Girls 50+UPF
- Bar Iii Womens LaceUp Mini Dress Miniplaid L
- bluee Cross Luxury Leather Two Fold Wallet Wallet Popular Ladies Real Leather Long Wallet for Work (color Black)
- Champagne WZW Off The Shoulder Long Sleeves Mermaid Prom Dresses 2019 Beaded Lace Tulle Formal Evening Party Gowns
- Darcy74Dulles Women's Aline Lace Long Pink Prom Gowns Dresses Appliques Tulle Short Sleeves Party Long Dresses Plus Size
- Emozioni 4353 N NEH pink Metal Oval Eyeglasses 51mm
- Gelato Lole Womens Maria Jacket
- HONGFUYU Strapless Pearls Tulle Wedding Dresses Bridal Wedding Gowns
- June's Young Women Dress Stripe Patchwork Slim Waist Short Sleeve Pencil Dress
- LEISHOP Women's Winter Warm Coats Long Thick Hooded Down Jacket Coats
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.